University Marathon Feb 2019 First & Third prize in Girl category
Government Science College Gadchiroli organizing a Workshop Series on selected topics of interest to teachers and researchers. The workshop series is designed to provide an opportunity for teachers and researchers to obtain additional research and laboratory skills. A primary aim of this workshop series aims to augment participants' research portfolios to give a competitive edge in academic research. This series will consist of one or two days workshops in Life Science, Physics and Chemistry subject.
One Day -Hands-on Bioinformatics Workshop-I (Date 26 December 2018)
One Day -Hands-on Bioinformatics Workshop-II (15 January 2019)
On occassion of National Youth Day Government Science College in association with Maharashtra State AIDS Control Society (MSACS) oranised the lecture series for college students for HIV/AIDS awareness.
Lecture 1: Date: 13/01/2020
Topic: Basics of HIV/AIDS
Resource peroson: Dr. Pramod Devraj (JD CST MSACS), Dr.Prashant Deshpande (ITech), Ramakant Gaikawad (DD IEC)
Lecture 2: Date: 17/01/2020
Topic: Importance of ART medicine
Resource peroson: Dr. Pramod Devraj (JD CST MSACS), Dr.Prashant Deshpande (ITech), Diya Dixit (DD IEC)
Lecture 3: Date: 20/01/2020
Topic: NGO's role in HIV/AIDS
Resource peroson:Lokesh Gabhane (JD TI), Karuna Borkar (AD TI)
Lecture 4: Date: 23/01/2020
Topic: Importance of HIV testing and ICTC
Resource peroson: Dr. Pramod Devraj (JD CST MSACS), Dr.Prashant Deshpande (ITech), Nilima Lawand (DD ICTC)
Zoological Society of Government Science College showed the inspiring feature-length documentary film series to students to experience nature though camera.
Zoological Society of Government Science College showed documentary film series in Zoology Department.
Documentary One: Planet Earth - "From Pole to Pole" Date: 16/01/2016 Time: 03.00 pm
Documentary Two: Planet Earth - "Mountains" Date: 13/02/2016 Time: 03.00 pm
Documentary Three: Planet Earth - "Fresh Water" Date: 05/03/2016 Time: 03.00 pm
Documentary Four: Planet Earth -"Caves" Date: 23/07/2016 Time: 03.00 pm
Documentary Five: Planet Earth - "Deserts" Date: 27/08/2016 Time: 03.00 pm
Documentary Six: Planet Earth - "Ice Worlds" Date: 24/09/2016 Time: 03.00 pm
Documentary Seven: Planet Earth - "Great Plains" Date: 24/12/2016 Time: 03.00 pm
Documentary Eight: Planet Earth - "Jungles" Date: 21/01/2017 Time: 03.00 pm
Documentary Nine: Planet Earth - "Shallow Seas" Date: 11/02/2017 Time: 03.00 pm
Documentary Ten: Planet Earth - "Seasonal Forests" Date: 04/03/2017 Time: 03.00 pm
Documentary Eleven: Planet Earth - "Ocean Deep" Date: 26/08/2017 Time: 03.00 pm
Documentary Twelve: Secrets of Wild India Tiger Jungles Date: 30/09/2017 Time: 03.00 pm
Documentary Thirteen: Secrets of Wild India Desert Lions Date: 23/12/2017 Time: 03.00 pm
Documentary Fourteen: Secrets of Wild India Elephant Kingdom Date: 20/01/2018 Time: 03.00 pm
Documentary Fifteen: Charles Darwin and Tree of life Date: 10/02/2018 Time: 03.00 pm
Documentary Sixteen: Attenborough: 60 Years in the Wild Episode 1 Date: 11/08/2018 Time: 03.00 pm
Documentary Seventeen: Attenborough: 60 Years in the Wild Episode 2 Date: 22/09/2018 Time: 03.00 pm
Documentary Eighteen: Attenborough: 60 Years in the Wild Episode 3 Date: 29/12/2018 Time: 03.00 pm
Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics and Computer Science Department arrange field trips every year.
College follows all national, international days, birth and death anniversary of legendary persons every year. Every year on 26th of November College celebrates the National Constitution Day. The students, teaching and non-teaching faculties gather together and take the mass oath we will obey the rules and acts of our constitution for maintaining peace, harmony in the society. We read the preamble of constitution to understand the rights, duties and responsibilities as a citizen of this nation.
Apart from this college celebrates the birth and death ceremonies of different legends of our nation.
1. College celebrates Gandhi Jayanti as a Swachata Diwas. Guest lecture is organized on the Gandhian thoughts.
2. National constitution day is celebrated on 26th November to understand the duties and rights of citizens of India, to remember the efforts taken by the Dr. B. R. Ambedkar and other members associated of constitution drafting committee.
3. On 14th April students pay the homage to Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar by organising blood donation camp.
4. International Yoga Day is also Celebrated on 21st June of every year to spread awareness about the importance and effects of Yoga on health of people to maintain physical and mental health as well. Similarly the group of people from nearby area, students and staff comes in the college every morning to practice the Yoga.
5. Celebration of Independence and Republic day is done every year enthusiastically by students and staff of our college. From the year 2020 on the eve of Republic day on 26th January we have started to mass read of preamble of Indian Constitution to maintain the peace and harmony as per the guidelines laid by government of Maharashtra.
6. 8th August is celebrated as a “Kranti Din”
Under the aegis of college NSS unit our college always celebrates the birth and death anniversaries of various social reformers, freedom fighters etc. of our country in commemoration of sacrifice done by these great personalities and to inculcate moral, ethical, patriotic, socialistic, holistic and cultural values in the students.
1. Independence Day: The programs of national importance are celebrated regularly.
2. Republic Day: The programs of national importance are celebrated regularly.
3. Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi: 2nd October is celebrated as Swacchata Divas under Swaccha Bharat Abhiyan.
4. Birth anniversary of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam: To mark the birth anniversary of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, “Wachan Prerana Din” is celebrated, where students are motivated to practice the habit of reading by eminent speakers.
5. Birth anniversary of Lal Bahadur Shastri- 02nd October
6. Birth anniversary of Savitribai Phule-03rd January
7. Birth anniversary of Dr. S. Radhakrishnan: Teachers’ Day- 05th September
8. Birth anniversary of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj-19th February
9. Birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanand: Youth day
10. Birth and death anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
11. Constitution Day- 26th November
12. International Day of peace on 21st september
13. NSS Day- 24th September
14. National Sports Day
15. Marathi Bhasha Gaurav day- on 27th of February
16. International Yoga Day- 21st June
17. National Science Day-is celebrated in India on 28 February each year to mark the discovery of the Raman effect by Indian physicist Sir C. V. Raman on 28 February 1928.
All the above events are celebrated with the active participation and contribution of the faculty, guest speakers and students.